Bosnian Police Seize Counterfeit Instant Vitamin Drink and Packaging
The police officials from the Brcko District in northeastern Bosnia and Herzegovina have recently seized a large quantity of counterfeit instant vitamin drink Cedevita and the foil used for its packaging. Cedevita is a Croatian producer of teas, instant drinks and dietetic products.
Criminal proceedings have been initiated against two individuals. During the search of their apartment and three other premises, the officials discovered 2,900 bags filled with 15 grams of the Cedevita powder each, as well as a large amount of counterfeit foil bearing the Cedevita marks.
The authorities calculated that about one million 15-gram Cedevita bags could have been produced using the foil and that the bags could have stored a total of 15,000 kg of the Cedevita powder.
Prepared by: Alma Vilic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: State Investigation and Protection Agency
June 2012 News
- Visa Succeeds in Registering Slogan in Montenegro
- Kazakhstan Amends Trademark Law
- Kazakhstan: Open Registration of Cyrillic Domain Names Begins August 15
- Russian Perfume Maker Cannot Register Avatar as Perfume Brand
- Bulgari Wins Trademark Dispute against Russian Perfume Maker
- Ukraine: Alcohol Beverage Factory Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Food Supplement Maker Fined for Unfair Competition
- Montenegro Adopts New Copyright Regulation
- Five IP Decrees Enter into Force in Bosnia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Latvian Firm Fined for Distributing Fake Smartphone Applications
- Polish Euro 2012 Anthem Copyrighted
- Illegal Adidas Production Plant Discovered in Bosnia
- Bosnian Police Seize Counterfeit Instant Vitamin Drink and Packaging
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian PTO Hosts IP Crime Conference