Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings, the customs officials have recently seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
The seized goods include:
8,118 pairs of sneakers bearing the marks of Puma, Adidas, Converse and Nike;
2,274 textile products (jeans, T-shirts, shirts, tracksuits, sport jerseys), shoes and handbags bearing the logos of Nike, Armani, Dolce&Gabbana, La Martina, Hugo Boss, G-Star, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Zara, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Calvin Klein, Burberry and Levi’s;
1,908 mobile phone spare parts and accessories (earphones, protective covers and chargers) bearing the logos of iPhone, Sony, Nokia, LG, HTC, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and BlackBerry;
596 wallets bearing the marks of BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Аrmani;
30 children’s motorcycles with accumulators bearing the logo of BMW.
The goods originated in China and Turkey and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Macedonian Customs
June 2012 News
- Visa Succeeds in Registering Slogan in Montenegro
- Kazakhstan Amends Trademark Law
- Kazakhstan: Open Registration of Cyrillic Domain Names Begins August 15
- Russian Perfume Maker Cannot Register Avatar as Perfume Brand
- Bulgari Wins Trademark Dispute against Russian Perfume Maker
- Ukraine: Alcohol Beverage Factory Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Food Supplement Maker Fined for Unfair Competition
- Montenegro Adopts New Copyright Regulation
- Five IP Decrees Enter into Force in Bosnia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Latvian Firm Fined for Distributing Fake Smartphone Applications
- Polish Euro 2012 Anthem Copyrighted
- Illegal Adidas Production Plant Discovered in Bosnia
- Bosnian Police Seize Counterfeit Instant Vitamin Drink and Packaging
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian PTO Hosts IP Crime Conference