Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
During May, the Romanian customs officials seized a considerable amount of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit, worth approximately EUR 1.2 million (USD 1.5 million).
During regular customs controls at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania, in the town of Siret, northeastern Romania, in the city of Calafat, southern Romania and in the capital of Bucharest, the officials seized EUR 0.7 million (USD 0.9 million) worth of counterfeit goods, including clothing items bearing Adidas, Calvin Klein, Boss, Diesel, Burberry, Gucci, Dolce&Gabbana, Louis Vuitton and Puma marks, footwear bearing Versace and Adidas marks, tableware bearing the Disney mark, pencil boxes bearing Disney and Hello Kitty marks, wristwatches bearing the Rocky mark and cookware bearing the Dry Cooker mark.
The goods originated in China and Turkey and were intended for the Romanian, Moldovan and Ukrainian markets.
On May 9, 10 and 26, the customs officials, in cooperation with police authorities, seized EUR 0.5 million (USD 0.6 million) worth of goods believed to be counterfeit, after conducting raids in the capital of Bucharest, the town of Voluntari near Bucharest, the Giurgiu county, southern Romania, the Maramures county, northern Romania and the Neamt county, northeastern Romania.
During the raids, the officials seized almost 800,000 items, including apparel, footwear, cosmetics and household goods, bearing the marks of Adidas, Nike, Always and Head&Shoulders.
The infringers were not able to present documents indicating the origin of the goods.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs
June 2012 News
- Visa Succeeds in Registering Slogan in Montenegro
- Kazakhstan Amends Trademark Law
- Kazakhstan: Open Registration of Cyrillic Domain Names Begins August 15
- Russian Perfume Maker Cannot Register Avatar as Perfume Brand
- Bulgari Wins Trademark Dispute against Russian Perfume Maker
- Ukraine: Alcohol Beverage Factory Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Food Supplement Maker Fined for Unfair Competition
- Montenegro Adopts New Copyright Regulation
- Five IP Decrees Enter into Force in Bosnia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Latvian Firm Fined for Distributing Fake Smartphone Applications
- Polish Euro 2012 Anthem Copyrighted
- Illegal Adidas Production Plant Discovered in Bosnia
- Bosnian Police Seize Counterfeit Instant Vitamin Drink and Packaging
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian PTO Hosts IP Crime Conference