Kazakhstan: Open Registration of Cyrillic Domain Names Begins August 15
The open registration of the Kazakhstan Cyrillic .каз (.kaz) domain names will begin on August 15, 2012. The Kazakh Network Information Center will be registering the new domains, while the Kazakh Association of IT Companies will manage the new top-level domain.
The open registration follows the priority registration period, April 1 – July 31, designed for the state authorities and trademark owners to register domain names in the new Cyrillic zone.
The .каз domain name must contain characters of the Kazakhstan Cyrillic alphabet and comply with the domain name registration rules. The prices for open registration of domain names are to be determined by the accredited registrars.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved the Cyrillic .каз domain in September 2011. It is the world’s third Cyrillic top-level domain; Russian .рф (.rf) domain was the first and Serbia’s .срб (.srb) the second.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The Kazakh Network Information Center (KazNIC)
June 2012 News
- Visa Succeeds in Registering Slogan in Montenegro
- Kazakhstan Amends Trademark Law
- Kazakhstan: Open Registration of Cyrillic Domain Names Begins August 15
- Russian Perfume Maker Cannot Register Avatar as Perfume Brand
- Bulgari Wins Trademark Dispute against Russian Perfume Maker
- Ukraine: Alcohol Beverage Factory Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bulgarian Food Supplement Maker Fined for Unfair Competition
- Montenegro Adopts New Copyright Regulation
- Five IP Decrees Enter into Force in Bosnia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Latvian Firm Fined for Distributing Fake Smartphone Applications
- Polish Euro 2012 Anthem Copyrighted
- Illegal Adidas Production Plant Discovered in Bosnia
- Bosnian Police Seize Counterfeit Instant Vitamin Drink and Packaging
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Perfumes
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Serbian PTO Hosts IP Crime Conference