Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
Ukraine’s Health Ministry order regulating the manufacture, wholesale and retail sale of drugs came into force on December 29, 2011.
The order outlines new licensing conditions and prohibits the sale of drugs via the Internet, post offices and outlets other than the pharmacies and institutions indicated in the order.
According to Ukraine’s State Inspectorate for the Quality Control of Medicines, 2.5 million substandard, non-registered or counterfeit packages of medicine were sold in Ukraine in 2010; almost 50 percent of the counterfeit drugs were obtained through the Internet.
For more information, please contact Maya Kryvoshei at our Ukraine office.
Source: National Radio Company of Ukraine
Read more news on Ukraine or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria