Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
In the period December 9, 2011 – January 11, 2012, the Romanian customs officials seized a considerable amount of goods believed to be counterfeit, worth more than EUR 1 million (USD 1.3 million).
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania, the town of Bechet, southern Romania and the capital of Bucharest.
The seized goods include:
- 31,464 pieces of clothing, footwear and accessories bearing the Dolce & Gabbana, Converse All Star, Puma, Adidas, Nike, Armani, Versace, Prada, Burberry and Hermes marks;
- 13,225 toys bearing the Disney and Transformers marks;
- 4,500 watches bearing the Diesel mark;
- An unidentified number of wallets bearing the Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Adidas marks, children’s socks bearing the Disney mark, bags bearing the Burberry mark and hairstylers bearing the Instyler mark.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sarghi at our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria