Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
Last month the Polish customs officials in Mazovia, Poland’s east-central region, seized 1,000 counterfeit commemorative medals bearing the 2012 European Football Championship (Euro 2012) marks.
A Polish company ordered the medals to be made in China without authorization and planned to distribute them in Poland. The Polish customs will destroy the fake medals at the company’s expense.
Earlier in 2011 about 41,000 pairs of sneakers bearing the Euro 2012 marks were seized by the Polish customs.
Euro 2012, the 14th European soccer championship for national teams, will take place in Poland and Ukraine in June and July 2012.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Polskie Radio
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria