Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
The agreement between the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent), under which Rospatent will serve as an International Searching Authority (ISA) and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) for international applications received by the USPTO, took effect on January 10, 2012.
The USPTO and Rospatent signed the agreement at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) headquarters in Geneva on September 22, 2010.
According to the USPTO, the agreement is beneficial for the US applicants because the cost of search and examination will be lower and the process faster. A search carried out by Rospatent as the ISA will cost USD 415 (EUR 325). Applicants selecting Rospatent as the IPEA will pay a preliminary examination fee of USD 171 (EUR 134), as well as a handling fee of USD 219 (EUR 172). When the International Search Report (ISR) is not prepared by Rospatent, the fee will be USD 255 (EUR 200).
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria