Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
At the end of December, the Bulgarian customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint on the Bulgarian-Turkish border seized leather belts and perfumes bearing the logos of well-known brands, believed to be counterfeit.
The officials seized 80 leather belts bearing the Lacoste, Boss and Burberry marks after an inspection of a car traveling from Turkey to Romania. Later on during the same day the officials seized 136 eaux de toilette and perfumes, which they discovered in another vehicle entering Bulgaria from Turkey.
Legal proceedings have been initiated against the infringers.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria