Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
Azerbaijan has formed a special working group whose duty will be to establish an electronic system for registration of intellectual property rights.
The group will function within the frames of the Azerbaijani State Committee on Standardization, Metrology and Patents, and the project will be supported by the Korean government’s USD 4.2 million (EUR 3.2 million) grant.
The Azerbaijani State Committee on Standardization, Metrology and Patents signed the agreement with the Korean Foreign Affairs and Trade Ministry on October 11, 2011, with an aim to secure a stable IP registration system in Azerbaijan.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Azerbaijani business information portal ABC
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria