Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
On December 13, 2011, the Bulgarian authorities, in cooperation with the Business Software Alliance (BSA) representatives, seized 26 computer systems with unlicensed software, during the inspection of a company based in the capital of Sofia.
The computer systems had unlicensed copies of computer programs the copyrights of which belong to the Microsoft Corporation. The company was not able to present documents showing the copies had been legally used.
Pre-trial criminal proceedings have been initiated under the Article 172a of the Penal Code of the Republic of Bulgaria and the computer systems will be considered as evidence.
The company will also undergo a tax audit that will determine the amount of financial damage caused.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
Read more news on Bulgaria or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
January 2012 News
- Serbian Cyrillic Domain Registration Starts January 27
- New Patent Law in Serbia Introduces Important Changes
- Administrative Instruction on Accelerated Examination of Trademark Applications Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Anheuser-Busch Acquires Rights to Czech Brewer’s Budweiser Marks
- Luxury Watchmaker Wins Parallel Imports Case in Russia
- Russia to Establish Special IP Court by February 1, 2013
- Selling Drugs Online Prohibited in Ukraine
- Serbia Adopts Copyright Law Amendments
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Kosovo
- Ukraine to Adopt Stricter Copyright Regulations
- Moldova Denounces Eurasian Patent Convention
- Rospatent and USPTO Agreement Takes Effect
- Montenegro Accedes to Patent Law Treaty, Strasbourg Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Vienna Agreement on Figurative Elements of Marks
- Tajikistan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Azerbaijan to Establish Electronic IP Rights Registration System
- US Identifies Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria Marketplaces as Top Pirates
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Toys
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Air Fresheners, Shoe Polish, Cell Phones
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Euro 2012 Medals
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Belts, Perfumes
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria