Slovenian Patent Applications Increase in 2009
Slovenian Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) reported that the number of national patent applications increased by 22 percent in 2009 in comparison to 2008, despite the global economic crisis. In 2009, SIPO received a total of 399 national patent applications, in comparison to 327 in 2008.
According to SIPO, one of the reasons that may have triggered the increase in patent applications is SIPO’s and University of Ljubljana’s initiative to educate small and medium-sized enterprises about the benefits of intellectual property protection.
On the other hand, the number of national applications for trademark and design protection declined by 17 percent and 28 percent respectively. According to SIPO, 1655 trademark and 86 design applications were filed in 2009, while in 2008 these numbers amounted to 1991 and 119 respectively.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic in our Balkan Regional Office.
January 2010 News
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro as from March 1, 2010
- Kosovo New Law on Customs Measures for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Forbes Wins Domain Name Forbes.ru and USD 300,000 in Damages
- Burger King Fights for its Domain Name in Russia
- Bosnian Council of Ministers Adopts Seven IP Draft Laws
- Uzbekistan Extensions for Office Action Replies Shortened to Three Months
- Slovenian Industrial Property Bulletin Goes from Bi-monthly to Monthly in 2010
- Counterfeit Chinese Fireworks Blamed for the Deadly Russian Nightclub Fire
- Bulgarian Police Seize 2,5 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Quarter Ton Counterfeit Caviar Confiscated from the Aircraft of Russia’s Largest Diamond Company
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas and Juventus Sweatshirts
- Russia Sets Minimum Vodka Price to Curb Counterfeit Alcohol Production
- Counterfeit Alcohol Shop Discovered in Bulgaria
- Bosnian Courts Convict 195 Pirates in the Last Four Years
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Technical Goods, Sports Equipment
- Bulgarian Cable TV Provider Fined for Unfair Competition
- Slovenian Patent Applications Increase in 2009
- Kosovo Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as part of EPO Project
- The Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks Enters into Force with Respect to Russia
- Montenegrin IPO Website Now in English