Counterfeit Alcohol Shop Discovered in Bulgaria
On January 9, 2010, a team of Bulgarian customs and police officials raided a Sofia shop where counterfeit alcohol was produced and poured into bottles bearing the labels of popular whiskey and vodka brands.
During the search of a shop rented by a 31-year-old Lebanese citizen, the officials discovered 300 liters of whiskey stored in plastic gallons and 1,500 sealed bottles of whiskey and vodka, bearing the labels of Chivas Regal, Johnny Walker, Jack Daniel’s, Absolut and Finlandia.
Bottling equipment, empty bottles, corks, essences and thousands of fake bottle labels were also found at the shop.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Novinite (Sofia News Agency)
January 2010 News
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro as from March 1, 2010
- Kosovo New Law on Customs Measures for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Forbes Wins Domain Name Forbes.ru and USD 300,000 in Damages
- Burger King Fights for its Domain Name in Russia
- Bosnian Council of Ministers Adopts Seven IP Draft Laws
- Uzbekistan Extensions for Office Action Replies Shortened to Three Months
- Slovenian Industrial Property Bulletin Goes from Bi-monthly to Monthly in 2010
- Counterfeit Chinese Fireworks Blamed for the Deadly Russian Nightclub Fire
- Bulgarian Police Seize 2,5 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Quarter Ton Counterfeit Caviar Confiscated from the Aircraft of Russia’s Largest Diamond Company
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas and Juventus Sweatshirts
- Russia Sets Minimum Vodka Price to Curb Counterfeit Alcohol Production
- Counterfeit Alcohol Shop Discovered in Bulgaria
- Bosnian Courts Convict 195 Pirates in the Last Four Years
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Technical Goods, Sports Equipment
- Bulgarian Cable TV Provider Fined for Unfair Competition
- Slovenian Patent Applications Increase in 2009
- Kosovo Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as part of EPO Project
- The Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks Enters into Force with Respect to Russia
- Montenegrin IPO Website Now in English