Bulgarian Cable TV Provider Fined for Unfair Competition
Bulgaria’s Commission for Unfair Competition has recently fined a cable television company based in the town of Stara Zagora in southern Bulgaria, with EUR 10,430 (USD 15,087) for the breach of fair trade practices.
The plaintiff, Krushev–Ilarion Krushev, claimed that the defendant, Trakia Cable Ltd.,
built a coaxial cable network on the territory of Stara Zagora and promoted and offered its services in June 2009, two months before obtaining the permission to use the network.
The Commission ruled that the defendant breached the fair trade practice by putting itself into a favorable position against its competitors.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgaria’s Commission for Unfair Competition
January 2010 News
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro as from March 1, 2010
- Kosovo New Law on Customs Measures for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Forbes Wins Domain Name Forbes.ru and USD 300,000 in Damages
- Burger King Fights for its Domain Name in Russia
- Bosnian Council of Ministers Adopts Seven IP Draft Laws
- Uzbekistan Extensions for Office Action Replies Shortened to Three Months
- Slovenian Industrial Property Bulletin Goes from Bi-monthly to Monthly in 2010
- Counterfeit Chinese Fireworks Blamed for the Deadly Russian Nightclub Fire
- Bulgarian Police Seize 2,5 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Quarter Ton Counterfeit Caviar Confiscated from the Aircraft of Russia’s Largest Diamond Company
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas and Juventus Sweatshirts
- Russia Sets Minimum Vodka Price to Curb Counterfeit Alcohol Production
- Counterfeit Alcohol Shop Discovered in Bulgaria
- Bosnian Courts Convict 195 Pirates in the Last Four Years
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Technical Goods, Sports Equipment
- Bulgarian Cable TV Provider Fined for Unfair Competition
- Slovenian Patent Applications Increase in 2009
- Kosovo Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as part of EPO Project
- The Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks Enters into Force with Respect to Russia
- Montenegrin IPO Website Now in English