Bosnian Council of Ministers Adopts Seven IP Draft Laws
On December 31, 2009, the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted seven draft laws in the field of intellectual property, proposed by the Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The following draft laws were adopted:
- The Draft Law on Copyrights and Related Rights
- The Draft Law on the Collective Management of Copyrights and Related Rights
- The Draft Law on Industrial Property
- The Draft Law on Patents
- The Draft Law on Trademarks
- The Draft Law on the Protection of Geographical Indications and Designations of Origin
- The Draft Law on the Protection of Integrated Circuit Topographies
Bosnia currently has only one law on IP rights, the Law on Industrial Property, which entered into force on August 27, 2002 covering patents, trademarks, designs and geographical indications and designations of origin. The new proposal aims to make separate laws for each IP area, as part of Bosnia’s accession into the European Union and the harmonization of its legislation with the European Union.
According to the new Draft Law on the Protection of Integrated Circuit Topographies, the protection of integrated circuit topographies can be requested within two years from the day of the first commercial exploitation anywhere in the world.
The seven draft laws are expected to be submitted to the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina for further consideration in the near future.
For more information, please contact Alma Vilic in our Bosnia and Herzegovina office.
Source: Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina
January 2010 News
- Extension of European Patents to Montenegro as from March 1, 2010
- Kosovo New Law on Customs Measures for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
- Forbes Wins Domain Name Forbes.ru and USD 300,000 in Damages
- Burger King Fights for its Domain Name in Russia
- Bosnian Council of Ministers Adopts Seven IP Draft Laws
- Uzbekistan Extensions for Office Action Replies Shortened to Three Months
- Slovenian Industrial Property Bulletin Goes from Bi-monthly to Monthly in 2010
- Counterfeit Chinese Fireworks Blamed for the Deadly Russian Nightclub Fire
- Bulgarian Police Seize 2,5 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Quarter Ton Counterfeit Caviar Confiscated from the Aircraft of Russia’s Largest Diamond Company
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas and Juventus Sweatshirts
- Russia Sets Minimum Vodka Price to Curb Counterfeit Alcohol Production
- Counterfeit Alcohol Shop Discovered in Bulgaria
- Bosnian Courts Convict 195 Pirates in the Last Four Years
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Technical Goods, Sports Equipment
- Bulgarian Cable TV Provider Fined for Unfair Competition
- Slovenian Patent Applications Increase in 2009
- Kosovo Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as part of EPO Project
- The Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks Enters into Force with Respect to Russia
- Montenegrin IPO Website Now in English