Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
Macedonian customs authorities have recently confiscated five loads of various counterfeit goods, all of which were ordered by companies in Kosovo.
On July 25, 2009, the customs officials seized 150 counterfeit Dolce&Gabbana and Versace watches of Chinese origin. The counterfeit goods were discovered at Deve Bair on the Macedonian-Bulgarian border in a truck with Macedonian license plates.
On July 22, 2009, 3,200 counterfeit Gucci, Hugo Boss, Joop! and Prada wallets were found in a truck with Macedonian license plates at Bogorodica on the Greek-Macedonian border. The goods originated from China.
On July 11, 2009, the customs authorities seized 40,603 counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Armani Jeans, BMW, Emporio Armani, Lacoste, Mercedes, Nike, Opel and Puma labels, stickers, buttons, socks and car mats. These items originated from Turkey and were discovered at Bogorodica, in a truck with Turkish license plates.
On the same occasion, the customs officials confiscated 1,205 counterfeit Adidas, Armani, Dolce&Gabbana, G-Star and Puma T-shirts. The goods originated from Turkey and were discovered in a truck with Macedonian license plates.
Lastly, on July 10, 2009, the customs authorities seized 18,450 counterfeit Gillette manual razors. The counterfeits were found at Bogorodica on the Greek-Macedonian border, in a truck with Macedonian license plates.
For more information, please contact Tatjana Nakevska in our Macedonia Office.
August 2009 News
- Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
- Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile Fined over Copyright Infringement
- Serbian Draft Law on Geographical Indications Up for Discussion
- Albania to Ratify Patent Law Treaty and European Patent Convention
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Domain Infringement
- Serbian IPO Posts Procedures for Patent Searches and Examination
- Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
- Bulgarian Police Confiscate Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, and Tommy Hilfiger Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
- Kyrgyzstan to Set up Administration Center for “KG” Domain
- WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine