Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
The Municipal Court of Nis, a town in southern Serbia, has recently issued a three-month prison sentence and a nominal fine of approximately EUR 55 (USD 78) to an individual found to have infringed the Sony PlayStation copyright.
According to the court decision issued on May 12, 2009, the infringer sold the following pirated PlayStation games: Burnout: Revenge, Crash Tag Team Racing, FIFA Street 2, James Bond 007: NightFire, Medal of Honor: European Assault, Rainbow Six, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Spyro the Dragon.
The infringer also sold the following pirated films: A Little Princess, Aladdin, Cinderella, Happy Feet, Hoodwinked, Madagascar, Monster House, Pinocchio, Shrek, Shrek 2, the Simpsons, Sleeping Beauty, Speed Racer, Spiderman, Stuart Little 2, Thumbelina, Tokyo Godfathers, Tom and Jerry, Wallace and Gromit, The Adventures of Moby Dick, The Little Mermaid, The Mask of Zorro, and The Three Musketeers.
The pirated video games and films were sold for approximately EUR 1 (USD 1.42) per disc without the permission of local authorized distributors ComputerLand, First Production, Millennium Film & Video, and Tuck Vision.
The pirated items were confiscated and will be destroyed.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
August 2009 News
- Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
- Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile Fined over Copyright Infringement
- Serbian Draft Law on Geographical Indications Up for Discussion
- Albania to Ratify Patent Law Treaty and European Patent Convention
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Domain Infringement
- Serbian IPO Posts Procedures for Patent Searches and Examination
- Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
- Bulgarian Police Confiscate Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, and Tommy Hilfiger Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
- Kyrgyzstan to Set up Administration Center for “KG” Domain
- WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine