WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) held a summer school on intellectual property in Odessa, Ukraine, between July 20 and 30, 2009.
The event was jointly organized by the Ukrainian Intellectual Property Office, the Odessa National Legal Academy, and the WIPO Worldwide Academy.
The objective of the summer school was to enable senior university students and young professionals to acquire deeper knowledge of intellectual property, and to gain an appreciation of IP as a tool for economic, social, cultural and technological development and to reveal the role WIPO plays in the global administration of IP.
The school offered lectures of prominent IP experts from the WIPO and Ukraine, as well as case studies and group discussions on selected topics.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
August 2009 News
- Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
- Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile Fined over Copyright Infringement
- Serbian Draft Law on Geographical Indications Up for Discussion
- Albania to Ratify Patent Law Treaty and European Patent Convention
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Domain Infringement
- Serbian IPO Posts Procedures for Patent Searches and Examination
- Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
- Bulgarian Police Confiscate Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, and Tommy Hilfiger Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
- Kyrgyzstan to Set up Administration Center for “KG” Domain
- WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine