Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
On July 15, 2009, Macedonian and Romanian PTO officials signed a cooperation plan for prior art searches.
Since the Macedonian PTO does not have the necessary resources to perform prior art searches, the cooperation will allow Macedonia to use the services of the Romanian PTO as a qualified search contractor.
Accordingly, the Romanian PTO will assist its Macedonian counterpart in carrying out prior art searches for applications filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). The Macedonian PTO will automatically recognize the results and expert opinion provided by the Romanian PTO.
For more information, please contact Tatjana Nakevska in our Macedonia Office.
August 2009 News
- Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
- Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile Fined over Copyright Infringement
- Serbian Draft Law on Geographical Indications Up for Discussion
- Albania to Ratify Patent Law Treaty and European Patent Convention
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Domain Infringement
- Serbian IPO Posts Procedures for Patent Searches and Examination
- Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
- Bulgarian Police Confiscate Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, and Tommy Hilfiger Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
- Kyrgyzstan to Set up Administration Center for “KG” Domain
- WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine