Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
On August 3, 2009, Romanian customs officials seized counterfeit goods worth approximately EUR 3,330,000 (USD 4,712,00).
The confiscated goods included 748,320 pairs of counterfeit Adidas, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Nike and Reebok socks.
The items were seized in the port of Constanța Sud in southeastern Romania, in a container from China. The goods were intended for a company in Ukraine.
Earlier, on July 30, 2009, the customs authorities confiscated 1,878 Diesel Time watches, worth approximately EUR 131,000 (USD 185,355).
The counterfeits were discovered in Constanța Sud in southeastern Romania, in a container traveling from China to Bulgaria.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sârghi in our Romania Office.
August 2009 News
- Serbian Court Issues Prison Sentence for Sony PlayStation Copyright Infringement
- Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile Fined over Copyright Infringement
- Serbian Draft Law on Geographical Indications Up for Discussion
- Albania to Ratify Patent Law Treaty and European Patent Convention
- Bulgarian Company Fined for Domain Infringement
- Serbian IPO Posts Procedures for Patent Searches and Examination
- Macedonia and Romania Establish Cooperation for Prior Art Searches
- Bulgarian Police Confiscate Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, and Tommy Hilfiger Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Armani, Gillette, Hugo Boss and Prada Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Diesel, Lacoste and Reebok Goods
- Kyrgyzstan to Set up Administration Center for “KG” Domain
- WIPO Holds Summer IP School in Ukraine