PETOŠEVIĆ Establishes New Management Structure to Support Group Growth
We are pleased to announce our new management structure designed to support our firm’s continued growth and match our current business needs.
The gradual expansion of PETOŠEVIĆ into a full-service IP firm with over 120 people working in 15 jurisdictions has called for a new structure better suited for the larger and more complex organization that we are now.
As a result, former Group CEO Slobodan Petošević, who has been leading the firm with great success for over 25 years, will transition to the role of Group Executive Chairman, providing guidance and direction to the senior management team and devising strategies to improve client service.
Ignacio Lázaro, former Chief Operations Officer and Deputy CEO, will assume the role and responsibilities of CEO, leading and coordinating all activities of the Management Board, a team of dedicated managers establishing policies, setting out strategic objectives, and ensuring their implementation.
Ignacio brings the experience and expertise needed to meet new challenges through a proven record of dedication and leadership that has played an integral role in the firm’s success and growth. Having joined PETOŠEVIĆ in 1998 and later becoming the Head of the Brussels Office in 2005, Ignacio went on to spend seven years as the Chief Operations Officer and three years as Deputy CEO. For over 19 years, he has been involved in supervising the firm’s activities, providing leadership and mentorship to all offices and departments including operations, finance, human resources and marketing. He also helped establish PETOŠEVIĆ offices in Albania, Kosovo, and Russia and strengthen our teams and practice in the former USSR region.
Slobodan and Ignacio will continue to work closely together and communicate face-to-face with clients.
Group CEO Ignacio Lázaro said: “It is certainly an honor to be asked to be the CEO of this unique Eastern European IP firm that started as a small business in 1992 and developed into one of the top IP firms in Eastern Europe. We have an outstanding portfolio of clients and our staff is among the very best in the region. We believe that the new structure will transform PETOŠEVIĆ into an even more thriving and valuable company.”
Group Executive Chairman Slobodan Petošević said: “At PETOŠEVIĆ, we embrace change. Our company has focused on local growth and consolidation for the past 15 years. It is now time to think of the PETOŠEVIĆ Group as a whole. I am confident that our new structure will help us continue on our path towards building a more dynamic IP consulting firm of the future. When we look back, we are proud of what we achieved. When we look ahead, we see no limits.”
April 2017 News
- Eurasian Economic Union Moves Forward with Customs Code, Eurasian Trademark
- Russia Amending Law on Information to Accelerate Proceedings Against Mirror Websites
- Slovenia Passes Law Introducing Plain Tobacco Packaging from 2020
- Russia Ratifies Geneva Act of Hague Agreement on Industrial Designs
- Romanian PTO Starts Publishing National Design and Utility Model Applications
- Romanian Domain Registry Postpones Implementation of Maintenance Fee for .Ro Domain Names
- Bulgarian PTO Publishes Draft Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 131,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Ukrainian Customs Seize EUR 124,000 Worth of Fake Textile Products
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Perfume
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Perfume
- Fake Clothes, Sneakers and Accessories Destroyed in Montenegro
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Latvian PTO Signs New Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Poland Joins Federated European Patent Register
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Polish Court Decides to Extradite KickassTorrents Owner to US
- Slovenia Loses EUR 5 Million Yearly Due to Counterfeit Pesticides
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Chewing Gum, Sneakers, Apparel
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear