Methodology for Trademark Examination Adopted in Bosnia
The Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina has adopted the methodology for trademark examination, applicable as of January 1, 2015.
This project was funded by the European Union and is connected with the Memorandum of Understanding concluded between the Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) on December 22, 2014.
The methodology aims to facilitate the examination and assure the consistency of procedures carried out by the Institute. It precisely defines how to apply the provisions of Bosnia’s trademark law and the regulations on the trademark granting procedure by offering practical examples.
The document is a result of collecting and sharing experiences among the countries from the region and the OHIM, and it is expected to align Bosnia’s trademark practice with the OHIM’s practice.
It is available in the Bosnian language in pdf format.
Prepared by: Alma Vilic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina
February 2015 News
- Patent-Related Amendments in Albania
- Repsol Victorious In Trademark Opposition Case Against Turkish Competitor
- 170,000 Fake Lormar Bras, Panties Destroyed in Serbia
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Ray Bans Worth EUR 4M
- 1,656 Pairs of Fake FILA Slippers Destroyed in Montenegro
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Sportswear
- Montenegro IPO Launches National Industrial Design Register
- Parallel Import Ban to be Lifted in EEU States?
- Bayer Victorious in Trademark Dispute against Kosovo Pharmacy
- Serbian PTO Abolishes “Class Heading Covers All” Approach
- Methodology for Trademark Examination Adopted in Bosnia
- Macedonian Cyrillic Domain Registration Now Open
- Hungary Amends Pharmaceutical Law to Combat Counterfeit Medicine
- IP Protection Costs Cheaper in Russia Due to Ruble’s Dramatic Decline
- Estonian PTO Changes Official Fees
- Registration Fees for GIs and Patents Reduced in Georgia
- Ukraine Association Agreement with EU – Update
- Armenia Joins Eurasian Economic Union
- Counterfeits Worth EUR 37M Seized in INTERPOL-Coordinated Operations across Eastern Europe
- Romanian Customs Seize Kangoo Jumps, Talking Tom, Hello Kitty, Disney Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize 3,000 Counterfeit Cell Phone Covers