Registration Fees for GIs and Patents Reduced in Georgia
In December 2014, the Government of Georgia enacted a resolution reducing the fees for registration of geographical indications and patents.
The registration of a geographical indication now costs approximately USD 60 (EUR 53), down from USD 330 (EUR 294), while the fee for one action has been abolished. The aim of this fee reduction is to stimulate Georgian entrepreneurs and facilitate protection of new appellations of origin and geographical indications.
The Georgian Government also decided to approve a 70 percent discount on the patent fee for applicant inventors, designers, higher educational institutions and independent scientific research units, while students, retired inventors and designers are entitled to a 90 percent discount. The reasoning behind this is that, considering that higher educational and scientific research activities are conducted at higher educational institutions, they have the greatest potential to come up with inventions and utility models.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Georgia PTO
February 2015 News
- Patent-Related Amendments in Albania
- Repsol Victorious In Trademark Opposition Case Against Turkish Competitor
- 170,000 Fake Lormar Bras, Panties Destroyed in Serbia
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Ray Bans Worth EUR 4M
- 1,656 Pairs of Fake FILA Slippers Destroyed in Montenegro
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Sportswear
- Montenegro IPO Launches National Industrial Design Register
- Parallel Import Ban to be Lifted in EEU States?
- Bayer Victorious in Trademark Dispute against Kosovo Pharmacy
- Serbian PTO Abolishes “Class Heading Covers All” Approach
- Methodology for Trademark Examination Adopted in Bosnia
- Macedonian Cyrillic Domain Registration Now Open
- Hungary Amends Pharmaceutical Law to Combat Counterfeit Medicine
- IP Protection Costs Cheaper in Russia Due to Ruble’s Dramatic Decline
- Estonian PTO Changes Official Fees
- Registration Fees for GIs and Patents Reduced in Georgia
- Ukraine Association Agreement with EU – Update
- Armenia Joins Eurasian Economic Union
- Counterfeits Worth EUR 37M Seized in INTERPOL-Coordinated Operations across Eastern Europe
- Romanian Customs Seize Kangoo Jumps, Talking Tom, Hello Kitty, Disney Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize 3,000 Counterfeit Cell Phone Covers