Moldova to Establish IPR Protection Information Platform
On September 30, 2020, the Moldovan Government approved the Decision on the Information Platform in the Field of Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, establishing a plan for the creation of an information system intended to improve interinstitutional communication and coordination of intellectual property protection.
The information platform will consist of two information systems:
Information System in the Field of Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, which will be owned by the Moldovan Intellectual Property Office and which will facilitate the exchange of data between the main actors involved in IPR enforcement; and
Information System “Register of Applications for Action”, which will be owned by Moldovan Customs and which will allow right holders and their representatives to submit and monitor online applications for IPR enforcement at borders. This system will also provide Customs with a mechanism for managing these applications.
The development of the information platform is one of the commitments made by Moldova under the Moldova-EU Association Agreement.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Souce: Moldovan IPO website
Read more news on Moldova or General. Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2020 News
- Protocol on Eurasian Design Patents Ratified by Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan and Armenia
- Uzbekistan’s Competition Watchdog Launches Register of IPR Infringers
- Kazakhstan Introduces Mandatory Labeling of Tobacco Products
- Moldova to Establish IPR Protection Information Platform
- Uzbekistan Announces Upcoming Improvements to its IPR Protection System
- Hungarian Officials Seize EUR 5.5 Million Worth of Fake Goods from January-August 2020
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Footwear, Watches