Slovak IPO Introduces Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
On July 1, the Slovak IPO introduced electronic filing of trademark applications available on its website. To access the online application system, the users need to go to this link and click on TM eFiling.
At present it is not possible to electronically sign the online application, so it is still necessary to file a paper application within one month of filing the electronic one. However, the filing date on the electronic application is considered the priority date. The online system also allows the user to save and retrieve a partially completed application. Once it becomes possible to electronically sign the online application, the paper application will not be necessary and the cost of filing may be reduced by 50 percent.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Slovak IPO
Read more news on Slovak Republic or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
July 2013 News
- Amendments to Hungarian Trademark Law Explained
- Russia’s New Anti-Piracy Law to Enter into Force August 1
- Russian IP Court Opens its Doors on July 3
- Kyrgyzstan to Complete Road Map for Joining Customs Union
- Belarus PTO Appoints New Acting Director
- Armenia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty and Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products Enters into Force in Serbia
- OHIM Grants Anheuser-Busch ‘Bud’ CTM
- Six New Languages Added to EPO Patent Translate
- Belarus, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine Take Part in INTERPOL-Led Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Slovak IPO Introduces Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- WIPO and Bulgaria Create Teaching IP Portal
- Polish Customs Seize 1.5 Million Counterfeit Condoms
- Fake Adidas Apparel Seized and Destroyed in Ukraine
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Bags, Car Locks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories, Perfumes