Kyrgyzstan to Complete Road Map for Joining Customs Union
Top Kyrgyz officials have recently confirmed that Kyrgyzstan’s road map on the accession to the Customs Union (CU), whose member states are Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia, will be completed in August 2013.
The road map is a detailed document that outlines which regulations Kyrgyzstan needs to harmonize with the CU countries, in the fields of intellectual property, customs and trade, among others.
Oleg Pankratov, Kyrgyzstan’s deputy minister of economy, said that the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council (SEEC), the highest body governing the CU, is expected to meet in October and December 2013 to review and adopt Kyrgyzstan’s road map.
Kyrgyzstan is expected to join the CU in 2015, but Kyrgyzstan’s President Almazbek Atambayev recently expressed doubts due to the extensive preparatory work that is to be carried out.
“This date is desirable for the country’s leadership. However the desire alone is not enough,” Atambayev said.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Azernews.az; Eurasianet.org
July 2013 News
- Amendments to Hungarian Trademark Law Explained
- Russia’s New Anti-Piracy Law to Enter into Force August 1
- Russian IP Court Opens its Doors on July 3
- Kyrgyzstan to Complete Road Map for Joining Customs Union
- Belarus PTO Appoints New Acting Director
- Armenia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty and Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products Enters into Force in Serbia
- OHIM Grants Anheuser-Busch ‘Bud’ CTM
- Six New Languages Added to EPO Patent Translate
- Belarus, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine Take Part in INTERPOL-Led Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Slovak IPO Introduces Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- WIPO and Bulgaria Create Teaching IP Portal
- Polish Customs Seize 1.5 Million Counterfeit Condoms
- Fake Adidas Apparel Seized and Destroyed in Ukraine
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Bags, Car Locks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories, Perfumes