Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Bags, Car Locks
In the period June 21 — July 9, the Romanian customs officials seized goods believed to be counterfeit the total value of which is approximately EUR 0.4 million (USD 0.5 million).
The seized goods include:
- 1,900 plush toys bearing the Hello Kitty mark;
- 580 swimming pools for children bearing the Disney mark;
- 3,000 car door lock sets bearing the Volkswagen mark;
- 710 pencil boxes bearing the Gucci mark;
- Toys bearing Disney, Strawberry, Angry Birds and the Smurfs marks; and
- Schoolbags, rucksacks and hats bearing Cars, Disney, L&V and Angry Birds marks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs
July 2013 News
- Amendments to Hungarian Trademark Law Explained
- Russia’s New Anti-Piracy Law to Enter into Force August 1
- Russian IP Court Opens its Doors on July 3
- Kyrgyzstan to Complete Road Map for Joining Customs Union
- Belarus PTO Appoints New Acting Director
- Armenia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty and Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products Enters into Force in Serbia
- OHIM Grants Anheuser-Busch ‘Bud’ CTM
- Six New Languages Added to EPO Patent Translate
- Belarus, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine Take Part in INTERPOL-Led Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Slovak IPO Introduces Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- WIPO and Bulgaria Create Teaching IP Portal
- Polish Customs Seize 1.5 Million Counterfeit Condoms
- Fake Adidas Apparel Seized and Destroyed in Ukraine
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Bags, Car Locks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories, Perfumes