Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories, Perfumes
The Bulgarian customs officials have recently seized clothing items, mobile phones accessories and perfumes believed to be counterfeit.
The seized items include:
- 120 pairs of sneakers bearing Lacoste and Converse marks;
- 240 T-shirts bearing Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry marks;
- 550 soccer kits (shirts and shorts), bearing the names of well-known European soccer teams, including FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Chelsea;
- 500 perfume and eau de toilette bottles, bearing various well-known marks;
- 5,297 mobile phone accessories (batteries, covers and panels) for Samsung and iPhone devices.
The seizures took place at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint, southeastern Bulgaria, and at Sofia Airport, western Bulgaria.
The goods originated in China and Turkey and were intended for the Ukrainian, Romanian and Bulgarian markets.
Prepared by: Bogdan Bogdanov
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
July 2013 News
- Amendments to Hungarian Trademark Law Explained
- Russia’s New Anti-Piracy Law to Enter into Force August 1
- Russian IP Court Opens its Doors on July 3
- Kyrgyzstan to Complete Road Map for Joining Customs Union
- Belarus PTO Appoints New Acting Director
- Armenia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty and Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- New Law on Topographies of Semiconductor Products Enters into Force in Serbia
- OHIM Grants Anheuser-Busch ‘Bud’ CTM
- Six New Languages Added to EPO Patent Translate
- Belarus, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine Take Part in INTERPOL-Led Anti-Counterfeiting Operation
- Slovak IPO Introduces Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- WIPO and Bulgaria Create Teaching IP Portal
- Polish Customs Seize 1.5 Million Counterfeit Condoms
- Fake Adidas Apparel Seized and Destroyed in Ukraine
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Bags, Car Locks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories, Perfumes