Moldova and Eurasian Patent Organization Sign Cooperation Agreement
On April 12, the Moldovan PTO and the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) signed a Cooperation Agreement on Legal Protection of Inventions in the Republic of Moldova.
It was necessary to have the agreement signed because Moldova denounced the Eurasian Patent Convention. The denunciation takes effect on April 26.
Under the agreement, Moldova will recognize the Eurasian patents granted before the denunciation took effect, as well as the Eurasian patents granted after the denunciation took effect, if the applications were filed before April 26.
Author: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Moldovan State Agency for Intellectual Property (AGEPI)
April 2012 News
- Amended Albanian Criminal Code Treats IP Infringement as Criminal Offense
- Ukraine Clarifies Practice Regarding Trademarks Containing INNs
- German Pet Food Manufacturer Wins Bad Faith Trademark Case against Serbian Company
- Bulgarian Air-Conditioning Producer Fined for Domain Infringement
- Heineken Wins Parallel Import Case in Russia
- SKYY Spirits Sues Russian PTO over Trademark Cancellation
- Serbian Red Pepper Chutney Registered as Appellation of Origin under Lisbon System
- HIPO and USPTO Make Patent Prosecution Highway Permanent
- Moldova and Eurasian Patent Organization Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Croatia IPO Director Becomes EPO’s New Vice President
- Slovenian Customs Seize 19 Million Counterfeit Items in 2011
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Sunglasses, Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Counterfeit Alcohol 37 Percent of Russian Market
- Piracy Rates in Azerbaijan Sharply Declining
- 6,000 Counterfeit CDs Seized at Kiev’s Petrivka Market
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria