HIPO and USPTO Make Patent Prosecution Highway Permanent
On April 5, the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office (HIPO) and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) agreed to make permanent the Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) program, which was launched as a pilot program between the two offices in 2010.
The PPH enables each participating office to use the work already done by the other office, which avoids duplication of work and accelerates the patent granting procedure.
Author: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: HIPO; USPTO
April 2012 News
- Amended Albanian Criminal Code Treats IP Infringement as Criminal Offense
- Ukraine Clarifies Practice Regarding Trademarks Containing INNs
- German Pet Food Manufacturer Wins Bad Faith Trademark Case against Serbian Company
- Bulgarian Air-Conditioning Producer Fined for Domain Infringement
- Heineken Wins Parallel Import Case in Russia
- SKYY Spirits Sues Russian PTO over Trademark Cancellation
- Serbian Red Pepper Chutney Registered as Appellation of Origin under Lisbon System
- HIPO and USPTO Make Patent Prosecution Highway Permanent
- Moldova and Eurasian Patent Organization Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Croatia IPO Director Becomes EPO’s New Vice President
- Slovenian Customs Seize 19 Million Counterfeit Items in 2011
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Sunglasses, Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Counterfeit Alcohol 37 Percent of Russian Market
- Piracy Rates in Azerbaijan Sharply Declining
- 6,000 Counterfeit CDs Seized at Kiev’s Petrivka Market
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria