Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Disney Counterfeits
In the period March 1-19, the customs officials in the city of Burgas, eastern Bulgaria, seized 60,030 counterfeit T-shirts bearing the names of well-known brands, including a package with over 50,000 Nike T-shirts, which is the largest single seizure of fake Nike goods to date in Bulgaria.
On March 19, the officials at the Lesovo border crossing point, southeastern Bulgaria, seized 540 tracksuits bearing the Dsquared² mark, 330 T-shirts bearing the Bikkembergs mark, and 840 T-shirts with the figurative Mickey Mouse (Disney) mark. The fake goods were found in a truck with Romanian license plates traveling from Turkey to Romania.
The rights holders have been informed of the seizure in accordance with EC Regulation 1383/2003 and the Bulgarian law on marks and geographical indications.
Author: Preslav Penev
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
April 2012 News
- Amended Albanian Criminal Code Treats IP Infringement as Criminal Offense
- Ukraine Clarifies Practice Regarding Trademarks Containing INNs
- German Pet Food Manufacturer Wins Bad Faith Trademark Case against Serbian Company
- Bulgarian Air-Conditioning Producer Fined for Domain Infringement
- Heineken Wins Parallel Import Case in Russia
- SKYY Spirits Sues Russian PTO over Trademark Cancellation
- Serbian Red Pepper Chutney Registered as Appellation of Origin under Lisbon System
- HIPO and USPTO Make Patent Prosecution Highway Permanent
- Moldova and Eurasian Patent Organization Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Croatia IPO Director Becomes EPO’s New Vice President
- Slovenian Customs Seize 19 Million Counterfeit Items in 2011
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Sunglasses, Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Counterfeit Alcohol 37 Percent of Russian Market
- Piracy Rates in Azerbaijan Sharply Declining
- 6,000 Counterfeit CDs Seized at Kiev’s Petrivka Market
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria