Croatia IPO Director Becomes EPO’s New Vice President
Zeljko Topic, head of the Croatian State Intellectual Property Office (CSIPO), was appointed vice president of the European Patent Office (EPO) at the European Patent Organization’s Administrative Council session on March 28.
Topic succeeded Ireland’s Brian McGinley. The post lasts for five years.
Topic has been the head of the CSIPO and the head of the Croatian delegation to the Administrative Council since 2004.
Topic will be in charge of the EPO’s Directorate-General Administration, which runs EPO’s support services such as Human Resources, General Administration, Buildings and Facility Management, and the Language Service.
Author: Dalibor Radovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: EPO; CSIPO
April 2012 News
- Amended Albanian Criminal Code Treats IP Infringement as Criminal Offense
- Ukraine Clarifies Practice Regarding Trademarks Containing INNs
- German Pet Food Manufacturer Wins Bad Faith Trademark Case against Serbian Company
- Bulgarian Air-Conditioning Producer Fined for Domain Infringement
- Heineken Wins Parallel Import Case in Russia
- SKYY Spirits Sues Russian PTO over Trademark Cancellation
- Serbian Red Pepper Chutney Registered as Appellation of Origin under Lisbon System
- HIPO and USPTO Make Patent Prosecution Highway Permanent
- Moldova and Eurasian Patent Organization Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Croatia IPO Director Becomes EPO’s New Vice President
- Slovenian Customs Seize 19 Million Counterfeit Items in 2011
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Sunglasses, Apparel, Mobile Phone Accessories
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Counterfeit Alcohol 37 Percent of Russian Market
- Piracy Rates in Azerbaijan Sharply Declining
- 6,000 Counterfeit CDs Seized at Kiev’s Petrivka Market
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria