HP Fights Counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
Hewlett-Packard Company (HP), American multinational information technology corporation, has been strengthening measures to combat counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
In 2012, the company plans to conduct thorough inspections of their partners’ warehouses as well as their large customers, such as banks, universities and government institutions.
In December 2011, in cooperation with the Ukrainian law-enforcement authorities, HP organized a raid on a factory in the capital of Kiev, where counterfeit cartridges for HP printers were produced. During this operation 200 finished cartridges and four tons of material for production of these counterfeit goods were seized.
For more information, please contact Maya Kryvoshei at our Ukraine office.
Source: Intelvlas, Ukrainian IP news portal
March 2012 News
- Georgia Amends Law on Border Measures Related to IP
- Polish ‘People’s Oskars’ Stir Up Hollywood
- Burberry Sues Armenian Coffee Chain For Trademark Infringement
- Russian Police Arrest Navigation Software Pirates
- Slovenian IPO Joins EuroClass Project
- New Regulation on Industrial Design Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Russia Shows Large Growth Rates in International Patent and Trademark Filings in 2011
- Lithuanian Patent Applications Increase in 2011
- Bulgarian Cosmetics Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Albanian Citizen Fined for Unauthorized Publication of 'Mein Kampf'
- Moldova Gives Public Access to State Register of Control Marks Holders
- HP Fights Counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Bosnia Fights Software Piracy
- Software Piracy Rate Declining in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 5M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Air Fresheners, Door Locks, Sneakers
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Fake Machine Bearings
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Estonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes Worth EUR 3.5M