Lithuanian Patent Applications Increase in 2011
The Lithuanian State Patent Bureau has announced that the number of international applications filed by Lithuanian residents under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) increased from 11 applications in 2010 to 25 applications in 2011.
The number of applications filed by Lithuanian scientific and educational institutions also increased. In 2010 such applications made only 16 percent of all national patent applications, while in 2011 the percentage increased to more than 22 percent.
The full 2011 report on the legal protection of industrial property in Lithuania in the year 2011, in English and Lithuanian, can be downloaded in PDF format on this web page.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional office.
Source: The State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania
Read more news on Lithuania or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
March 2012 News
- Georgia Amends Law on Border Measures Related to IP
- Polish ‘People’s Oskars’ Stir Up Hollywood
- Burberry Sues Armenian Coffee Chain For Trademark Infringement
- Russian Police Arrest Navigation Software Pirates
- Slovenian IPO Joins EuroClass Project
- New Regulation on Industrial Design Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Russia Shows Large Growth Rates in International Patent and Trademark Filings in 2011
- Lithuanian Patent Applications Increase in 2011
- Bulgarian Cosmetics Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Albanian Citizen Fined for Unauthorized Publication of 'Mein Kampf'
- Moldova Gives Public Access to State Register of Control Marks Holders
- HP Fights Counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Bosnia Fights Software Piracy
- Software Piracy Rate Declining in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 5M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Air Fresheners, Door Locks, Sneakers
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Fake Machine Bearings
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Estonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes Worth EUR 3.5M