Bulgarian Customs Destroy Fake Machine Bearings
1,750 counterfeit machine bearings with the mark FAG were destroyed on March 1 at the Varna customs premises, eastern Bulgaria, in the presence of the trademark representatives and under the supervision of customs officials from Varna.
The Schaeffler Group with its brand FAG is one of the leading manufacturers of precision rolling bearings for the automotive, mechanical engineering and aerospace industries.
Since 2007, the Varna customs officials have seized 800,000 counterfeit FAG bearings worth approximately EUR 1.3 million (USD 1.7 million).
The counterfeits originated in China and their entry into the Bulgarian and European markets is seen as a serious risk to the citizens’ health and safety.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
March 2012 News
- Georgia Amends Law on Border Measures Related to IP
- Polish ‘People’s Oskars’ Stir Up Hollywood
- Burberry Sues Armenian Coffee Chain For Trademark Infringement
- Russian Police Arrest Navigation Software Pirates
- Slovenian IPO Joins EuroClass Project
- New Regulation on Industrial Design Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Russia Shows Large Growth Rates in International Patent and Trademark Filings in 2011
- Lithuanian Patent Applications Increase in 2011
- Bulgarian Cosmetics Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Albanian Citizen Fined for Unauthorized Publication of 'Mein Kampf'
- Moldova Gives Public Access to State Register of Control Marks Holders
- HP Fights Counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Bosnia Fights Software Piracy
- Software Piracy Rate Declining in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 5M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Air Fresheners, Door Locks, Sneakers
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Fake Machine Bearings
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Estonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes Worth EUR 3.5M