Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Air Fresheners, Door Locks, Sneakers
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period February 20 — March 8, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
On February 28, the officials seized 1,800 pairs of sneakers bearing the mark of Converse All Star, the value of which would have reached EUR 21,205 (USD 27,720), had they been sold on the market as originals. On the same date, the officials also seized 19,800 car air fresheners bearing the marks of BMW, Audi, Mercedes Benz and Julius Sämann Ltd, valued at EUR 11,260 (USD 14,780).
In the week of February 27 – March 4, the officials seized 91 pairs of children’s sneakers bearing the mark of Adidas, and on March 8, 400 textile articles (underwear and T-shirts) bearing the mark of Puma and valued at EUR 1,950 (USD 2,560).
The goods, which were found in vans and trucks with Bulgarian and Macedonian license plates, originated in Bulgaria, China and Turkey, and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Customs
March 2012 News
- Georgia Amends Law on Border Measures Related to IP
- Polish ‘People’s Oskars’ Stir Up Hollywood
- Burberry Sues Armenian Coffee Chain For Trademark Infringement
- Russian Police Arrest Navigation Software Pirates
- Slovenian IPO Joins EuroClass Project
- New Regulation on Industrial Design Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Russia Shows Large Growth Rates in International Patent and Trademark Filings in 2011
- Lithuanian Patent Applications Increase in 2011
- Bulgarian Cosmetics Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Albanian Citizen Fined for Unauthorized Publication of 'Mein Kampf'
- Moldova Gives Public Access to State Register of Control Marks Holders
- HP Fights Counterfeiting in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Bosnia Fights Software Piracy
- Software Piracy Rate Declining in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 5M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Air Fresheners, Door Locks, Sneakers
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Fake Machine Bearings
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Estonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes Worth EUR 3.5M