Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
Serbian patent, trademark and design applications which were pending on the date the Montenegro IPO began its operations, May 28, 2008, must be re-filed in Montenegro by May 28, 2009, to maintain the original filing date.
Serbian registrations continue to be valid in Montenegro until their expiration date, without the need for re-registration. While the re-registration is not mandatory, we advise that IP rights holders apply for a certificate of registration to document their rights in this new jurisdiction. The Montenegrin certificate of registration would be needed during enforcement procedures.
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic in our Montenegro Office.
April 2009 News
- Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
- Bulgaria to Change Law on Industrial Design, Draft Law Prepared
- Draft of Bosnian Patent Law Up for Discussion
- Bosnia Hosts WIPO Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Belarus Adopts New Regulation on License, Assignment, Pledge and Franchise Agreements
- Russian Law on Patent Attorneys Enters into Force
- Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys and Cosmetics Worth EUR 142,700
- Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
- Kyrgyzstan Awards First IP Protection Certificates
- Romania to Host IP Training on Patent Litigation
- Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague