Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague
Registration for the “International Conference on Intellectual Property Rights Protection in Europe” in Prague, Czech Republic, opened on March 19, 2009. Online registration can be done at www.seminar.upv.cz
The conference will take place on 21 and 22 May, 2009, as one of the events that mark the European Year of Creativity and Innovation, as well as the 90th anniversary of the establishment of the Czech Patent Office and the Czech Patent Court.
According to the Czech Industrial Property Office, the conference will address the following general topics:
- Strategy of industrial property protection in Europe;
- Quality of patents;
- Community patents;
- Judicial patent system in Europe.
In addition to heads and representatives of patent offices from various EU member states, keynote speakers will include Alison Brimelow, president of the European Patent Office (EPO), Margot Fröhlinger, head of the European Commission’s Directorate of Internal Market and Services, Willem A. Hoyng, president of the European Patent Lawyers Association, Hubert Plugge, director of Quality Management at EPO, and
Thierry Sueur, vice-president of BusinessEurope.
The conference is jointly organized by the Czech Industrial Property Office and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
April 2009 News
- Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
- Bulgaria to Change Law on Industrial Design, Draft Law Prepared
- Draft of Bosnian Patent Law Up for Discussion
- Bosnia Hosts WIPO Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Belarus Adopts New Regulation on License, Assignment, Pledge and Franchise Agreements
- Russian Law on Patent Attorneys Enters into Force
- Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys and Cosmetics Worth EUR 142,700
- Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
- Kyrgyzstan Awards First IP Protection Certificates
- Romania to Host IP Training on Patent Litigation
- Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague