Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiev signed the decree on domain names, entitled “The Decree on the Arrangement of Functioning of the National System of Domain Names” on April 7, 2009.
The decree authorizes the Kyrgyz Intellectual Property Office to administer the national domain name “KG”. Prior to the decree, the domains were under the authority of the Kyrgyz government.
According to the decree, the Kyrgyz government will prepare an action plan to transfer administration of the “KG” top level domains to the Kyrgyz IPO, and will elaborate and introduce relevant draft enactments.
The decree will be enforced by the Division of Economic and Social Policy, and the Legal Policy Division of the Administration of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The decree is expected to enter into force on the day of its publication in the Official Gazette.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
April 2009 News
- Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
- Bulgaria to Change Law on Industrial Design, Draft Law Prepared
- Draft of Bosnian Patent Law Up for Discussion
- Bosnia Hosts WIPO Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Belarus Adopts New Regulation on License, Assignment, Pledge and Franchise Agreements
- Russian Law on Patent Attorneys Enters into Force
- Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys and Cosmetics Worth EUR 142,700
- Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
- Kyrgyzstan Awards First IP Protection Certificates
- Romania to Host IP Training on Patent Litigation
- Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague