Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
During their recent inspections in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior, officials of the Bulgarian Patent Office (BPO) have seized several loads of counterfeit apparel.
On March 20, 2009, the BPO officials conducted an inspection at the Iliantsi bazaar in Sofia and discovered more than 1,900 pieces of counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma, Kappa, Le Coq Sportif and the Liverpool Football Club apparel.
Five days later, the BPO officials conducted another inspection at the Iliantsi bazaar, and seized counterfeit Puma AG Rudolf Dassler Sport shoes.
On March 26, 2009, more counterfeit Adidas, Diesel and Dolce & Gabbana apparel were seized in the town of Dobrich in northeastern Bulgaria.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria Office.
April 2009 News
- Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
- Bulgaria to Change Law on Industrial Design, Draft Law Prepared
- Draft of Bosnian Patent Law Up for Discussion
- Bosnia Hosts WIPO Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Belarus Adopts New Regulation on License, Assignment, Pledge and Franchise Agreements
- Russian Law on Patent Attorneys Enters into Force
- Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys and Cosmetics Worth EUR 142,700
- Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
- Kyrgyzstan Awards First IP Protection Certificates
- Romania to Host IP Training on Patent Litigation
- Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague