Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
On March 17, 2009, the Macedonian Customs Administration destroyed various counterfeit goods seized in the second half of 2008.
Customs officials destroyed 3,480 counterfeit Lancôme’s Hypnose hair gel items, 637 pairs of Converse tracksuits, 38 Louis Vuitton handbags, 590 pairs of Adidas tracksuits, 77 pairs of Dolce & Gabbana jeans and 22 belts, as well as 185 counterfeit Armani caps.
The destruction was carried out at the landfills at Gevgelija in southern Macedonia, and at Strumica in southeastern part of the country.
For more information, please contact Tatjana Nakevska in our Macedonia Office.
April 2009 News
- Deadline for Re-filing of IP Rights Applications in Montenegro Expires on May 28, 2009
- Bulgaria to Change Law on Industrial Design, Draft Law Prepared
- Draft of Bosnian Patent Law Up for Discussion
- Bosnia Hosts WIPO Seminar on Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Belarus Adopts New Regulation on License, Assignment, Pledge and Franchise Agreements
- Russian Law on Patent Attorneys Enters into Force
- Kyrgyz Patent Office to Administer National Domain “KG”
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys and Cosmetics Worth EUR 142,700
- Bulgarian Patent Officials Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Cosmetics and Apparel
- Kyrgyzstan Awards First IP Protection Certificates
- Romania to Host IP Training on Patent Litigation
- Registration Opens for International Conference on IP Rights Protection in Prague