EU Adopts Regulation in Support of EU-Based Generics and Biosimilars Producers
Regulation (EU) 2019/933 amending Regulation (EC) No 469/2009 concerning the supplementary protection certificate for medicinal products was published in the Official Journal of the EU on June 11, 2019 and entered into force on July 1, 2019.
Regulation (EU) 2019/933, which was recently submitted to the European Parliament and the Council for formal adoption, introduces an exception allowing EU-based manufacturers of original generics and biosimilars to manufacture a generic or biosimilar version of an SPC-protected drug during the supplementary protection certificate (SPC) term, for export and/or stockpiling purposes. This is expected to remove the competitive disadvantages EU-based generics and biosimilars manufacturers are currently facing when competing beyond home markets with manufacturers based outside the EU.
Prepared by: Maja Žnidarič
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: EUR-Lex platform
July 2019 News
- Russia Introduces Temporary Pre-Grant Protection for Industrial Designs
- Uzbekistan Introduces Criteria for Determining Well-Known Trademarks, Transfers IPO Appeal Board to Ministry of Justice
- Croatia Adds Trademark Data to TMview’s Visual Search
- Latvian and Lithuanian National Patent Data Added to Patentscope
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 800,000 Worth of Fake Perfume, Cosmetics, Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize EUR 417,000 Worth of Fake Perfume
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel
- EAEU Agreement on Collective Management of Copyright Enters into Force
- Croatia Drafts New Patent Act
- Ukraine Increases Official Fees for IPR-Related Services as of July 19, 2019
- EU Adopts Regulation in Support of EU-Based Generics and Biosimilars Producers
- Montenegrin IPO Loses Autonomy to Newly Founded Directorate for Internal Market and Competition
- Ukraine Regulates Organic Food Production and Labeling
- EU Loses EUR 60 Billion Each Year in Sales Due to Counterfeiting
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Accessories Worth Over EUR 460,000
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Medicines