Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Accessories Worth Over EUR 460,000
The Hungarian National Tax and Customs Administration (NTCA) officials recently seized more than 2,200 accessories infringing Gucci®, O bag®, Hugo Boss®, Calvin Klein®, Tommy Hilfiger® and Armani® trademarks.
The goods, including bags, hats, sunglasses and belts, were discovered during the inspection of a market in the capital of Budapest. Besides the counterfeit accessories, the NTCA officials also discovered and seized a machine used for stamping labels onto goods. The seized goods are estimated to be worth approximately EUR 463,000 (USD 527,000).
Prepared by: Erika Farkas
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Hungarian National Tax and Customs Administration website
July 2019 News
- EAEU Agreement on Collective Management of Copyright Enters into Force
- Croatia Drafts New Patent Act
- Ukraine Increases Official Fees for IPR-Related Services as of July 19, 2019
- EU Adopts Regulation in Support of EU-Based Generics and Biosimilars Producers
- Montenegrin IPO Loses Autonomy to Newly Founded Directorate for Internal Market and Competition
- Ukraine Regulates Organic Food Production and Labeling
- EU Loses EUR 60 Billion Each Year in Sales Due to Counterfeiting
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Accessories Worth Over EUR 460,000
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Medicines