Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Football Jerseys, Fragrances
Bulgarian customs officials have recently seized counterfeit jerseys and fragrances bearing various well-known trademarks.
On September 2, 2016, customs officials in Varna, eastern Bulgaria, discovered and seized 1,014 jersey sets infringing the IP rights of Barcelona and Manchester United football clubs. The goods were seized during an inspection of a container arriving from China and imported by a Bulgarian company.
On August 18, 2016, customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point with Turkey discovered and seized 1,148 fragrances bearing the fake Creed®, Jimmy Choo®, Diesel®, Davidoff® and Paco Rabanne® trademarks. The officials also found 4,750 cardboard boxes and 1,750 plastic covers for fragrances bearing the fake Paco Rabanne® trademarks. The goods were seized during an inspection of a truck with Bulgarian license plates arriving from Turkey.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Bulgarian Customs website
September 2016 News
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Administrative Instructions on Patent and Trademark Registration Procedures Enter into Force in Kosovo
- Moldova Approves Regulation on Support for Patenting Abroad
- Belarus Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Opposition Proceedings in Poland During Transitional Period
- Hungarian Authorities Seize 75 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Jackets
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Footwear at Outdoor Market
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Football Jerseys, Fragrances
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Apparel
- Moldovan PTO Records Seven Percent Increase in Registered Trademarks