Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Footwear at Outdoor Market
In September 2016, Ukrainian authorities from the Odessa region conducted searches in warehouses of the Seventh-Kilometer Market, an outdoor market outside of Odessa, Ukraine, and discovered a considerable amount of footwear believed to infringe the IP rights of Nike, Inc. and Adidas AG. The total value of the counterfeit footwear is estimated at approximately EUR 500,000 (USD 560,000).
The law-enforcement bodies have launched criminal proceedings and are investigating where the counterfeit products were produced and how they found their way to the Ukrainian market.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian State Border Guard Service website
September 2016 News
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Administrative Instructions on Patent and Trademark Registration Procedures Enter into Force in Kosovo
- Moldova Approves Regulation on Support for Patenting Abroad
- Belarus Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Opposition Proceedings in Poland During Transitional Period
- Hungarian Authorities Seize 75 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Jackets
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Footwear at Outdoor Market
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Football Jerseys, Fragrances
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Apparel
- Moldovan PTO Records Seven Percent Increase in Registered Trademarks