Serbian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Apparel
Serbian customs officials have recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit toys and apparel bearing various well-known trademarks.
On September 13, 2016, officials at a customs warehouse in Sremska Mitrovica, northwestern Serbia, discovered and seized nearly 4,000 toys believed to infringe Transformers® and Beyblade® trademarks. The total value of the goods, arriving from China and intended for an importer from the capital of Belgrade, is estimated at approximately EUR 36,000 (USD 40,000).
On September 9, 2016, the customs officials at Belgrade’s airport discovered 270 kilograms of women’s apparel, believed to infringe Desigual®, GAP®, Mango®, s.Oliver®, Benetton®, Esprit® and Ralph Lauren® trademarks. The fake items, arriving from New Delhi, India and intended for an importer from Belgrade, included sweaters, T-shirts, dresses, shirts, skirts and jackets and bore labels stating that they were made in India and Bangladesh.
On August 29, 2016, while inspecting goods arriving from Turkey and on their way to Bosnia and Herzegovina, the officials at Gradina border crossing point with Bulgaria discovered and seized nearly 5,000 items of children’s apparel, including overalls, sweatshirts, bodysuits and bibs, believed to be counterfeit. The goods, the total value of which is estimated at approximately EUR 10,000 (USD 11,000), bore unauthorized images of several protected Disney characters, among other cartoon characters.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Serbian Customs website
September 2016 News
- New Copyright Law Enters into Force in Montenegro
- Administrative Instructions on Patent and Trademark Registration Procedures Enter into Force in Kosovo
- Moldova Approves Regulation on Support for Patenting Abroad
- Belarus Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Opposition Proceedings in Poland During Transitional Period
- Hungarian Authorities Seize 75 Tons of Counterfeit Washing Detergent
- Romanian Police Seize Fake Jackets
- Ukrainian Authorities Seize Fake Footwear at Outdoor Market
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Football Jerseys, Fragrances
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Apparel
- Moldovan PTO Records Seven Percent Increase in Registered Trademarks