Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
Hungarian National Tax and Customs Administration (NTCA) officials have recently discovered and seized a total of 1,265 fake WABCO air dryer cartridges, components of the vehicle brake systems, the estimated value of which is nearly EUR 14,500 (USD 15,400).
During their inspections at several locations throughout Hungary, including warehouses and car part stores belonging to an unidentified local wholesale supplier, in additions to the cartridges, officials also discovered fake automotive diagnostics software, the total value of which is estimated at EUR 20,600 (USD 21,900).
The investigation showed that the fake air dryer cartridges might have been used by Hungary’s state-owned bus company Volán.
The NTCA officials have filed criminal charges against the local wholesale supplier for the infringement of industrial property rights with respect to the fake air dryer cartridges and for the infringement of copyright and related rights with respect to the fake diagnostics software.
Moreover, on a separate occasion, NTCA officials discovered 743 fake toys bearing well-known brand names while inspecting a truck with Slovakian license plates near the village of Vámosszabadi in the north of the country. The toys, valued at approximately EUR 16,000 (USD 17,000), originated in the Far East and were intended for the Hungarian market.
Prepared by: Csilla Balogh
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: National Board Against Counterfeiting
November 2015 News
- Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
- Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
- Russia Amends Unfair Competition Law
- Poland, Serbia Join DesignView
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Fake Clothes Workshops
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Counterfeit Sportswear Destroyed in Montenegro