Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
Under the new patent law in Montenegro, in force as of August 6, 2015, the rights owners who did not maintain the protection of their rights acquired in the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro by June 3, 2006, or in the Republic of Serbia by May 28, 2008, may still revalidate their patents in Montenegro within six months following the entry into force of the new law.
The revalidation request must be filed by February 6, 2016 and the outstanding annuity must be paid. The patent rights will be established on the basis of the validity certificate issued by the Serbian IPO.
The European Patents extended to Serbia before the cooperation and extension agreement between the EPO and Montenegro came into force on March 1, 2010, may be revalidated by February 6, 2016 as well.
In order to revalidate a European Patent in Montenegro, the rights owners should file the Decision on the patent entry into the Serbian patent register and pay the prescribed revalidation and maintenance fees. The revalidation request should also include the translation of patent claims and drawings where applicable.
By: Jasna Jusic
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic at our Montenegro office.
November 2015 News
- Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
- Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
- Russia Amends Unfair Competition Law
- Poland, Serbia Join DesignView
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Fake Clothes Workshops
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Counterfeit Sportswear Destroyed in Montenegro