Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
On October 13, 2015, new administrative rules on declaring trademarks well known entered into force in Russia.
The main change concerns the prescribed time limit for the Rospatent to determine whether a trademark is well known. While there used to be no time limit, under the new rules, this term is maximum 10 months from the date of application for recognition of a well-known mark through administrative proceedings.
By: Tatyana Kulikova
For more information, please contact Tatyana Kulikova at our Russia office.
November 2015 News
- Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
- Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
- Russia Amends Unfair Competition Law
- Poland, Serbia Join DesignView
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Fake Clothes Workshops
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Counterfeit Sportswear Destroyed in Montenegro