Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
The customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point, southern Bulgaria, have recently seized more than 10,000 items (mainly apparel, shoes and perfumes) bearing the logos of various well-known brands, believed to be counterfeit.
While inspecting a bus with Romanian license plates, travelling from Turkey to Romania, the customs officials discovered 2,782 perfumes, originating in Istanbul, Turkey, bearing the logos of Paco Rabanne, Nina Ricci, Armani, Lacoste and Dolce & Gabbana, among others.
While inspecting another bus with Turkish license plates, travelling from Istanbul, Turkey to Bucharest, Romania, the officials seized 360 perfumes and 360 pairs of athletic shoes bearing the logos of Adidas and Nike.
During the inspection of a truck with Romanian license plates, travelling from Turkey to Bulgaria, the customs officials discovered 1,560 pairs of shoes, 1,045 athletic wear items and 840 man’s shirts and ladies blouses.
During the inspection of a bus with Slovenian license plates, travelling from Turkey to Slovenia, the officials discovered 1,298 shirts, blouses and jeans bearing fake marks of Polo, Boss, Armani and Philipp Plein, as well as 300 kids’ shirts bearing the counterfeit mark “Ferrari”.
While inspecting other three buses with Turkish license plates, travelling from Turkey to Romania, customs officials seized 985 pairs of athletic shoes, bearing fake marks of Nike and Adidas, and 953 perfumes, bearing fake marks of Paco Rabanne, Nina Ricci, Armani, Lacoste and Dolce & Gabbana, among others.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The National Customs Agency of Bulgaria
November 2015 News
- Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
- Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
- Russia Amends Unfair Competition Law
- Poland, Serbia Join DesignView
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Fake Clothes Workshops
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Counterfeit Sportswear Destroyed in Montenegro